Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Aircraft assemblers assemble, fit and install prefabricated parts to manufacture fixed wing or rotary wing aircraft or aircraft subassemblies. Aircraft assembly inspectors inspect aircraft assemblies for adherence to engineering specifications. They are employed by aircraft and aircraft subassembly manufacturers.
aircraft assembler, aircraft inspector, assembly, airframe assembler, bench and structural assembler, bench fitter mechanic – aircraft assembly, rigger – aircraft assembly, wing tank mechanic – aircraft assembly.
- Read and interpret aircraft assembly diagrams
- Assemble and fit pre-fabricated parts to form subassemblies, working at benches or directly on an aircraft structure
- Assemble, fit and install pre-fabricated parts and subassemblies such as aircraft skins, flight controls, rigging, hydraulics and other mechanical systems.
- Inspect aircraft assemblies, using measuring and testing equipment, for adherence to engineering specifications
- Inspect assemblies for alignment, symmetry, dimensions, fit and quality of workmanship
- Complete detailed inspection documentation.
Outlook & Prospects for Aircraft Assemblers and Aircraft Assembly Inspectors in Côte-Nord Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Côte-Nord Region||<Not assigned>||2012-12-12|
Compared to other occupations, this is a relatively small occupational group in the local area with few and infrequent job opportunities.
Local Labour Market News
Week of Apr 29 – May 03, 2013
- Built at a cost of $1.9M, rehabilitation centre Kapatakan Gilles-Jourdain of Maliotenam, adapted for Innuses subject to judicial control, will proceed with the hiring of 11 employees. The opening is scheduled for July. (available in French only)
Week of Apr 08 – Apr 12, 2013
- Twenty-some forest workers of Scierie des Outardes in Baie-Comeau lost their jobs (available in French only)
Week of Apr 01 – Apr 05, 2013
- Restaurant Jardin oriental of Sept-Îles will shut down permanently on May 26 and will lay off thirty-some employees (available in French only)
Week of Mar 11 – Mar 15, 2013
- The pellet plant, Cliffs Mine Wabush in Sept-Îles will shut down as of June for an indeterminate period. More than 160 workers will be affected. (available in French only)
- Date Modified: