Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Supervisors in this unit group supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers in the following groups: <i>Pulping Control Operators</i> (9233), <i>Papermaking and Coating Control Operators</i> (9234), <i>Labourers in Wood, Pulp and Paper Processing</i> (9614), and <i>Machine Operators and Related Workers in Pulp and Paper Production and Wood Processing</i> (943). They are employed by pulp and paper companies, paper converting companies, sawmills, planing mills, wood treatment plants, waferboard plants and other wood processing companies.
coating room foreman/woman – pulp and paper, foreman/woman, lumber grading, foreman/woman, plywood making, foreman/woman, shingle mill, foreman/woman, waferboard, foreman/woman, wood treating plant, paper machine foreman/woman, paper mill foreman/woman, pulp mill foreman/woman, sawmill foreman/woman, shift operating supervisor – pulp and paper, supervisor, paper converting, tour foreman/woman – pulp and paper.
- Supervise, co-ordinate and schedule the activities of workers who operate pulp and paper mills, paper converting mills, sawmills, planing mills, plywood, waferboard and other wood and paper products mills
- Ensure that systems and equipment are operating efficiently and that proper maintenance and repairs are performed
- Establish methods to meet work schedules and co-ordinate work activities with other departments
- Resolve work problems and recommend measures to improve productivity and product quality
- Requisition materials and supplies
- Train staff in job duties, safety procedures and company policies
- Recommend personnel actions such as hirings and promotions and administer the collective agreement
- Prepare production and other reports
- Monitor safety conditions
- May set up machines and equipment.
Outlook & Prospects for Supervisors, Forest Products Processing in Côte-Nord Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
For the 2012-2014 period, job opportunities in the Côte-Nord region are expected to be fair for this occupation.
Local Labour Market News
Week of Apr 29 – May 03, 2013
- Built at a cost of $1.9M, rehabilitation centre Kapatakan Gilles-Jourdain of Maliotenam, adapted for Innuses subject to judicial control, will proceed with the hiring of 11 employees. The opening is scheduled for July. (available in French only)
Week of Apr 08 – Apr 12, 2013
- Twenty-some forest workers of Scierie des Outardes in Baie-Comeau lost their jobs (available in French only)
Week of Apr 01 – Apr 05, 2013
- Restaurant Jardin oriental of Sept-Îles will shut down permanently on May 26 and will lay off thirty-some employees (available in French only)
Week of Mar 11 – Mar 15, 2013
- The pellet plant, Cliffs Mine Wabush in Sept-Îles will shut down as of June for an indeterminate period. More than 160 workers will be affected. (available in French only)
- Date Modified: