Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Supervisors in this unit group supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers engaged in logging operations and silvicultural operations. They are employed by logging companies, contractors and government agencies.
forest operations supervisor, forestry crew supervisor, hook tender, logging contractor, logging foreman/woman, production supervisor – logging, silviculture supervisor, woods foreman/woman.
- Supervise and co-ordinate the activities of logging and forestry workers in woodland operations, often in several work locations over several square kilometres
- Supervise silvicultural activities such as scarification, planting and vegetation control
- Schedule work crews, equipment and transportation for several work locations
- Resolve work problems and recommend measures to improve work methods
- Instruct workers in safety, recognize unsafe work conditions and modify work procedures
- Ensure that government regulations are met
- Communicate with forestry technical, professional and management personnel regarding forest harvesting and forest management plans, procedures and schedules
- Prepare production and other reports
- Hire and train new workers.
Outlook & Prospects for Supervisors, Logging and Forestry in Côte-Nord Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Provincial Employment Potential Information
The following table identifies employment conditions within Québec.
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Centre-du-Québec Region||<Not assigned>||2012-11-08|
|Estrie Region||<Not assigned>||2012-11-20|
|Gaspésie -- Îles-de-la-Madeleine Region||2013-01-18|
|Lanaudière Region||<Not assigned>||2012-11-26|
|Laurentides Region||<Not assigned>||2012-11-01|
|Montérégie Region||<Not assigned>||2011-12-21|
|Montréal Region||<Not assigned>||2012-11-29|
|Outaouais Region||<Not assigned>||2012-10-15|
Additional Provincial Prospects
Visit the Provincial Job Futures for information on the current trends and the future outlook for occupations in this province or territory. This Web site is a joint effort of the federal, provincial and territorial governments. You can view a report specific to this occupation on: Provincial Job Futures - (Employment Prospects section) Web Site.
Labour Market Bulletins
An analysis of the local labour market and an assessment of local employment-related events.
Provincial / Territorial Labour Market News
Week of Apr 29 – May 03, 2013
- Les entreprises agricoles de la Gaspésie is looking for labourers (available in French only)
Week of Apr 22 – Apr 26, 2013
- More than 350 workers will work this season at the Pépinière de Saint-Modeste (available in French only)
Week of Apr 08 – Apr 12, 2013
- Canneberges Bieler in Saint-Louis-de-Blandford invests more than $5.1M to obtain a freezer that will be linked to the cranberry receiving plant (available in French only)
- The Belle-de-Jour greenhouse workers cooperative in Saint-Nazaire invests close to $2M to improve its energy efficiency, which would allow it to maintain 55 jobs (available in French only)
Week of Apr 01 – Apr 05, 2013
- Date Modified: