Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Supervisors in this unit group supervise and co-ordinate the activities of railway and yard locomotive engineers, railway yard workers and railway labourers. They are employed by railway transport companies.
railway transport operations supervisor, road foreman/woman, freight train, stationmaster, trainmaster, yard foreman/woman – railway, yardmaster – railway.
- Supervise, co-ordinate and schedule the activities of workers who operate trains, drive locomotives in railway yards and perform other duties related to railway operations
- Establish methods to meet work schedules and co-ordinate work activities with other units
- Resolve work problems and recommend measures to improve performance
- Requisition materials and supplies
- Train staff in job duties, safety procedures and company policy
- Recommend personnel actions such as hiring and promotions
- Prepare work reports.
Outlook & Prospects for Supervisors, Railway Transport Operations in Côte-Nord Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Côte-Nord Region||<Not assigned>||2012-12-10|
Compared to other occupations, this is a relatively small occupational group in the local area with few and infrequent job opportunities.
Local Labour Market News
Week of May 06 – May 10, 2013
- Hardware store Canac has invested $5M to open a second branch in Sherbrooke in mid-August. In addition to thirty-some full-time ongoing positions, 45 part-time positions are offered. (available in French only)
- Hydro Culture invests $2M in Beloeil and creates 15 new jobs (available in French only)
- A $78.5M investment for the construction of five new schools in the Montérégie region (available in French only)
Week of Apr 29 – May 03, 2013
- Built at a cost of $1.9M, rehabilitation centre Kapatakan Gilles-Jourdain of Maliotenam, adapted for Innuses subject to judicial control, will proceed with the hiring of 11 employees. The opening is scheduled for July. (available in French only)
Week of Apr 08 – Apr 12, 2013
- Twenty-some forest workers of Scierie des Outardes in Baie-Comeau lost their jobs (available in French only)
Week of Apr 01 – Apr 05, 2013
- Restaurant Jardin oriental of Sept-Îles will shut down permanently on May 26 and will lay off thirty-some employees (available in French only)
- Date Modified: