Explore Careers - Job Market Report
This unit group includes telecommunications and electrical trade contractors who own and operate their own businesses. This group also includes supervisors who supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers classified in the following unit groups: <i>Electricians</i> (7241), <i>Industrial Electricians</i> (7242), <i>Power System Electricians</i> (7243), <i>Electrical Power Line and Cable Workers</i> (7244), <i>Telecommunications Line and Cable Workers</i> (7245), <i>Telecommunications Installation and Repair Workers</i> (7246) and <i>Cable Television Service and Maintenance Technicians</i> (7247). They are employed in a wide range of establishments; places of employment are indicated in the above unit group descriptions.
electrical contractor, foreman/woman, cablevision technicians, foreman/woman, construction electricians, foreman/woman, industrial electricians, foreman/woman, power line and cable workers, foreman/woman, power system electricians, foreman/woman, telecommunications installation and repair workers, supervisor, cable maintenance and repair, supervisor, plant electricians, supervisor, residential electricians.
- Supervise, co-ordinate and schedule the activities of workers who install, repair and maintain electrical wiring, fixtures and control devices, power systems, telecommunication systems and cablevision systems
- Establish methods to meet work schedules and co-ordinate work activities with other subcontractors or departments
- Requisition materials and supplies
- Resolve work problems and recommend work measures to improve productivity
- Train or arrange for training of workers
- Recommend personnel actions such as hirings and promotions
- Ensure standards for safe working conditions are observed
- Prepare work progress reports
- May manage the operations of own company
- May also supervise, co-ordinate and schedule the activities of related apprentices, helpers and labourers.
Outlook & Prospects for Contractors and Supervisors, Electrical Trades and Telecommunications Occupations in Côte-Nord Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
For the 2012-2014 period, job opportunities in the Côte-Nord region are expected to be fair for this occupation.
Local Labour Market News
Week of Feb 04 – Feb 08, 2013
- Canadian National has put on hold its project to build more than 800 km of track between Sept-îles and Schefferville (available in French only)
Week of Jan 28 – Feb 01, 2013
- A new $4.7M building dedicated to the industrial maintenance technology program will be constructed at the Sept-Îles CEGEP (available in French only)
Week of Jan 14 – Jan 18, 2013
- Construction Voyer of Laval will build 105 new single-family dwellings and take on care of the land and streets in the Ville de Grasse sector in 2013. The project, worth over $35M, has already received a favourable welcome in Sept-Îles. (available in French only)
Week of Oct 08 – Oct 12, 2012
- Upgrades to the drinking water network in Baie-Trinité will cost nearly $5M (available in French only)
- Gaz Métropolitain has unveiled the gas pipeline route to connect Jonquière to Sept-Îles, a $750M project slated for start-up in late 2014 (available in French only)
- Date Modified: