Explore Careers - Job Market Report
This unit group includes specialized therapists not elsewhere classified who use techniques such as art, athletic, dance, music or recreational therapy or remedial gymnastics to aid in the treatment of mental and physical disabilities. They are employed by establishments such as hospitals, rehabilitation centres, clinics, recreational centres, nursing homes, educational institutions, prisons and day-care facilities or may work in private practice.
art therapist, art therapy consultant, athletic therapist, dance-movement therapy researcher, drama therapist, movement therapist, music therapist, music therapy researcher, recreational therapist, remedial gymnast.
- Assess patients and review reports from physicians, psychiatrists, counsellors, teachers and others to determine patients' current and potential functioning level
- Prepare individualized and group treatment plans either independently or through an interdisciplinary team approach
- Implement treatment plan by carrying out specialized therapy sessions employing techniques such as art, athletic, dance, drama, music or recreational therapy or remedial gymnastics
- Observe and analyze patients during treatment sessions
- Record observations, write progress reports and consult with other health care professionals to evaluate treatment plan
- Initiate, design and implement specialized therapy programs for the general patient population or in the community
- May conduct research in respective field of specialization.
Outlook & Prospects for Other Professional Occupations in Therapy and Assessment in Côte-Nord Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Côte-Nord Region||<Not assigned>||2012-12-05|
Compared to other occupations, this is a relatively small occupational group in the local area with few and infrequent job opportunities.
Local Labour Market News
Week of May 06 – May 10, 2013
- Hardware store Canac has invested $5M to open a second branch in Sherbrooke in mid-August. In addition to thirty-some full-time ongoing positions, 45 part-time positions are offered. (available in French only)
- Hydro Culture invests $2M in Beloeil and creates 15 new jobs (available in French only)
- A $78.5M investment for the construction of five new schools in the Montérégie region (available in French only)
Week of Apr 29 – May 03, 2013
- Built at a cost of $1.9M, rehabilitation centre Kapatakan Gilles-Jourdain of Maliotenam, adapted for Innuses subject to judicial control, will proceed with the hiring of 11 employees. The opening is scheduled for July. (available in French only)
Week of Apr 08 – Apr 12, 2013
- Twenty-some forest workers of Scierie des Outardes in Baie-Comeau lost their jobs (available in French only)
Week of Apr 01 – Apr 05, 2013
- Restaurant Jardin oriental of Sept-Îles will shut down permanently on May 26 and will lay off thirty-some employees (available in French only)
- Date Modified: