Explore Careers - Job Market Report
This unit group includes specialized therapists not elsewhere classified who use techniques such as art, athletic, dance, music or recreational therapy or remedial gymnastics to aid in the treatment of mental and physical disabilities. They are employed by establishments such as hospitals, rehabilitation centres, clinics, recreational centres, nursing homes, educational institutions, prisons and day-care facilities or may work in private practice.
art therapist, art therapy consultant, athletic therapist, dance-movement therapy researcher, drama therapist, movement therapist, music therapist, music therapy researcher, recreational therapist, remedial gymnast.
- Assess patients and review reports from physicians, psychiatrists, counsellors, teachers and others to determine patients' current and potential functioning level
- Prepare individualized and group treatment plans either independently or through an interdisciplinary team approach
- Implement treatment plan by carrying out specialized therapy sessions employing techniques such as art, athletic, dance, drama, music or recreational therapy or remedial gymnastics
- Observe and analyze patients during treatment sessions
- Record observations, write progress reports and consult with other health care professionals to evaluate treatment plan
- Initiate, design and implement specialized therapy programs for the general patient population or in the community
- May conduct research in respective field of specialization.
Wages for Other Professional Occupations in Therapy and Assessment in Côte-Nord Region
Wages depend on job requirements and work conditions. They also vary between regions, for reasons such as location, labour agreements, and the availability of workers. The wages below are estimated before taxes.
- Date Modified: