Explore Careers - Job Market Report
This unit group includes specialized therapists not elsewhere classified who use techniques such as art, athletic, dance, music or recreational therapy or remedial gymnastics to aid in the treatment of mental and physical disabilities. They are employed by establishments such as hospitals, rehabilitation centres, clinics, recreational centres, nursing homes, educational institutions, prisons and day-care facilities or may work in private practice.
art therapist, art therapy consultant, athletic therapist, dance-movement therapy researcher, drama therapist, movement therapist, music therapist, music therapy researcher, recreational therapist, remedial gymnast.
- Assess patients and review reports from physicians, psychiatrists, counsellors, teachers and others to determine patients' current and potential functioning level
- Prepare individualized and group treatment plans either independently or through an interdisciplinary team approach
- Implement treatment plan by carrying out specialized therapy sessions employing techniques such as art, athletic, dance, drama, music or recreational therapy or remedial gymnastics
- Observe and analyze patients during treatment sessions
- Record observations, write progress reports and consult with other health care professionals to evaluate treatment plan
- Initiate, design and implement specialized therapy programs for the general patient population or in the community
- May conduct research in respective field of specialization.
Jobs for Other Professional Occupations in Therapy and Assessment in Côte-Nord Region
Job opportunities from Job Bank and contributing job sites are updated daily.
There are currently no job offers available in Côte-Nord Region for this occupation.
Where to look for job opportunities
Job postings can be found in many places: on the Internet, on community bulletin boards, at job fairs or in newspaper
help wanted sections.
Information about available work is often circulated through managers, employees and business associates, as well as through family, friends and acquaintances. Networking Link opens in a new window is one of the best ways to search for jobs.
RSS job search feed
Subscribe to the Canada’s National Job Bank's RSS job search feedLink opens in a new window and receive automatic job posting updates for the location and occupation you have selected.
- Date Modified: