Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Storekeepers and parts clerks sort, store and issue parts and supplies for use by the establishment in which they work and for sale to the public. They are employed by manufacturing companies, warehouses, retail and wholesale establishments, mining, forestry and construction companies, repair shops, hospitals and other establishments, and the armed forces.
ammunition storekeeper, automotive partsperson – retail, material keeper, medical supply clerk, motor vehicle parts clerk, parts clerk, parts supplier, partsperson, ship storeman/woman, storekeeper, tool room attendant.
- Receive and sort incoming parts and supplies
- Store items in an orderly and accessible manner in a warehouse, tool room, supply room or other area
- Process incoming requisitions and issue or distribute parts and supplies for internal usage
- Maintain records of orders and the amount, kind and location of parts and supplies on hand using manual or computerized inventory system
- Prepare requisition orders to replenish parts and supplies
- Sell spare and replacement parts for motor vehicles, machinery and equipment in a retail setting
- Advise retail customers or internal users on appropriateness of parts, supplies or materials requested.
Parts clerks may specialize in a particular line of parts such as automotive parts, recreational vehicle parts, marine parts, heavy equipment parts, agricultural machinery parts, heating, ventilating and air conditioning parts or refrigeration parts.
Outlook & Prospects for Storekeepers and Parts Clerks in Côte-Nord Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
For the 2012-2014 period, job opportunities in the Côte-Nord region are expected to be limited for this occupation.
Local Labour Market News
Week of Jun 10 – Jun 14, 2013
- ArcelorMittal, which owns an iron ore extraction complex in Fermont, is continuing to expand. Some 725 jobs will be added to the existing 1,000 over the next 30 years. (available in French only)
Week of May 27 – May 31, 2013
- Rio Tinto Fer et Titane of Havre-Saint-Pierre will temporarily lay off 330 people for a 7-week period by the end of the year (available in French only)
Week of May 20 – May 24, 2013
- The difficult global aluminum market has forced Alcoa in Baie-Comeau to eliminate 500 jobs over the next 24 months (available in French only)
Week of May 06 – May 10, 2013
- With a $220M investment, the new deep-water quay of the Port de Sept-Îles in Pointe-Nord is the biggest maritime dockyard in Canada (available in French only)
- Tourtist attraction Le Jardin des Glaciers of Baie-Comeau will shut down. Four permanent positions will be lost and forty-some seasonal workers will not be called back this summer. (available in French only)
- Available for a month now, the new Job Nord Québec portal allows companies of the Côte-Nord, Saguenay Lac St-Jean, Abitibi-Témiscamingue and Nord-du-Québec regions to recruit (available in French only)
- Date Modified: