Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Shippers and receivers ship, receive and record the movement of parts, supplies, materials, equipment and stock to and from an establishment. They are employed in the public sector and by retail and wholesale establishments, manufacturing companies, and other commercial and industrial establishments.
freight receiver, freight shipper, import freight clerk, receiver, shipper, shipper-receiver, shipping agent, shipping and receiving clerk.
- Determine method of shipment and arrange shipping; prepare bills of lading, customs forms, invoices and other shipping documents manually or by computer
- Assemble containers and crates, record contents manually or in computer system, pack goods to be shipped and affix identifying information and shipping instructions
- Oversee loading and unloading of goods from trucks or other conveyances
- Inspect and verify incoming goods against invoices or other documents, record shortages and reject damaged goods
- Unpack, code and route goods to appropriate storage areas
- Maintain internal, manual or computerized record-keeping systems
- May operate forklift, hand truck or other equipment to load, unload, transport and store goods.
Jobs for Shippers and Receivers in Côte-Nord Region
Job opportunities from Job Bank and contributing job sites are updated daily.
There are currently no job offers available in Côte-Nord Region for this occupation.
Where to look for job opportunities
Job postings can be found in many places: on the Internet, on community bulletin boards, at job fairs or in newspaper
help wanted sections.
Information about available work is often circulated through managers, employees and business associates, as well as through family, friends and acquaintances. Networking Link opens in a new window is one of the best ways to search for jobs.
RSS job search feed
Subscribe to the Canada¿s National Job Bank's RSS job search feedLink opens in a new window and receive automatic job posting updates for the location and occupation you have selected.
- Date Modified: