Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Receptionists and switchboard operators greet people arriving at offices, hospitals and other establishments, direct visitors to appropriate person or service, answer and forward telephone calls, take messages, schedule appointments and perform other clerical duties. They are employed by hospitals, medical and dental offices and in other offices throughout the public and private sectors.
admitting clerk, answering service operator, business receptionist, dental receptionist, front desk clerk (except hotel), hospital admitting clerk, medical receptionist, reception clerk, receptionist, switchboard operator, telereceptionist.
- Receptionists greet people coming into offices and other establishments, direct them to the appropriate contacts or services, and provide information in person and by phone and may perform clerical duties and maintain front desk security and security access lists.
- Hospital admitting clerks interview patients to obtain and process information required to provide hospital and medical services.
- Medical and dental receptionists greet patients, schedule appointments, using manual or computerized systems, receive and record payment for services, and direct patients to appropriate areas.
- Switchboard operators operate a telephone system or switchboard to answer, screen and forward telephone calls, taking messages and providing information as required; and may perform clerical duties.
- Answering service operators answer telephones and record and relay messages.
- Front desk clerks in a variety of institutional and commercial settings direct customers to appropriate areas, record bookings, handle credit card checks, receive payment, issue receipts, arrange tour reservations and deal with emergency situations.
Wages for Receptionists and Switchboard Operators in Côte-Nord Region
Wages depend on job requirements and work conditions. They also vary between regions, for reasons such as location, labour agreements, and the availability of workers. The wages below are estimated before taxes.
|Newfoundland and Labrador||10.00||14.42||20.88||Note|
|Prince Edward Island||10.00||15.00||21.14||Note|
- Date Modified: