Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Court recorders record and transcribe verbatim the proceedings of courts, legislative assemblies and committees, and prepare dictated reports, correspondence and statistics that require knowledge of legal terminology. They are employed by courts of law, provincial and federal legislative assemblies and committees, or they may be self-employed. Medical transcriptionists record and transcribe surgical proceedings, medical records and other reports requiring knowledge of medical terminology. They are employed by hospitals, medical clinics and doctors' offices, or they may be self-employed.
Hansard reporter, court recorder, court reporter, court stenographer, medical transcriptionist, transcriptionist.
- Record verbatim proceedings of courtroom using computerized recording equipment, electronic stenograph machine or stenomask
- Respond to requests during court sessions to read back verbatim evidence
- Transcribe recorded proceedings in accordance with established formats
- Verify accuracy of transcripts by checking copy against original record of proceedings and accuracy of rulings by checking with judge
- Research and locate quotes to ensure accuracy
- Respond to requests for transcripts ordered by judges, lawyers or the public
- File and store shorthand notes of court session.
- Transcribe machine dictation or rough notes from medical reports, correspondence, medical records and patient information
- Proofread work for typographical and grammatical errors.
Jobs for Court Recorders and Medical Transcriptionists in Côte-Nord Region
Job opportunities from Job Bank and contributing job sites are updated daily.
There are currently no job offers available in Côte-Nord Region for this occupation.
Where to look for job opportunities
Job postings can be found in many places: on the Internet, on community bulletin boards, at job fairs or in newspaper
help wanted sections.
Information about available work is often circulated through managers, employees and business associates, as well as through family, friends and acquaintances. Networking Link opens in a new window is one of the best ways to search for jobs.
RSS job search feed
Subscribe to the Canada’s National Job Bank's RSS job search feedLink opens in a new window and receive automatic job posting updates for the location and occupation you have selected.
- Date Modified: