Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Labourers in this unit group perform clean-up, packaging, material handling and other elemental activities related to fish processing. They are employed in fish processing and packaging plants.
cannery labourer, fish briner, fish plant labourer, fish salter, fish weigher, shellfish labourer, shellfish packer.
- Unload fish and shellfish from fishing vessels and transport them by hand or forklift truck to work area in fish processing plant
- Immerse fresh fish fillets in brine solution to condition them for wrapping or freezing
- Weigh fish or shellfish, record weight and pack fish in ice
- Sort fish according to species, weight and destination
- Clean work areas and equipment
- Transport supplies and packaging materials throughout plant and storage area manually or with powered equipment
- Measure and dump ingredients into hoppers of mixing and grinding machines.
Outlook & Prospects for Labourers in Fish Processing in Abitibi-Témiscamingue Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Abitibi-Témiscamingue Region||<Not assigned>||2010-01-04|
Compared to other occupations, this is a relatively small occupational group in the local area with few and infrequent job opportunities.
Local Labour Market News
Week of Jun 10 – Jun 14, 2013
- Construction Norascon of Amos has won a $1.7M contract to rebuild the Chemin Senator intersection in Rouyn-Noranda (available in French only)
Week of Jun 03 – Jun 07, 2013
- Following a $700M investment, the Westwood mine was inaugurated on June 4th, which will manage 700 jobs for 19 years in Abitibi (available in French only)
Week of May 27 – May 31, 2013
- Seventy jobs will be progressively terminated by September 13th at the Centre d'Interaction Proximédia, a call centre located in Rouyn-Noranda (available in French only)
Week of May 20 – May 24, 2013
- Two training sessions for working in the mines will be offered by Formation Mirabel in Amos (available in French only)
- Date Modified: