Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Forging machine operators operate forging machines to form and shape metal into various shapes and sizes and impart desired strength, hardness or other characteristics. They are employed primarily in the fabricated metal products, machinery, and transportation equipment industries.
bending machine operator, cold drawn operator, cold press operator, forging press operator, hot press operator, manipulator operator, trip hammer operator, upsetter operator.
- Operate gas or oil fired furnaces to heat metal to proper temperature prior to forging
- Place metal pieces in furnace using hand tongs or overhead cranes and remove from furnace when colour of metal indicates proper forging temperature, or load and unload furnace with automatic conveyor
- Position heated or cold metal pieces, on die of press or other forging machinery
- Operate presses or other forging machines to perform hot or cold forging by flattening, straightening, twisting, forming, drawing, upsetting, splitting, cutting, punching, piercing, bending, coining, or other operations to shape or form metal
- Position and adjust dies on anvil of forging machinery using overhead cranes or other hoisting devices and hand tools.
Outlook & Prospects for Forging Machine Operators in Abitibi-Témiscamingue Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Abitibi-Témiscamingue Region||<Not assigned>||2010-01-04|
Compared to other occupations, this is a relatively small occupational group in the local area with few and infrequent job opportunities.
Local Labour Market News
Week of May 06 – May 10, 2013
- Usinage Filliatrault in Palmarolle plans to invest $600,000 in capital properties and adds 10 jobs (available in French only)
- Pâtisserie Chevalier in Shawinigan-Sud ceased production May 3rd, and 74 employees have been laid off (available in French only)
Week of Apr 29 – May 03, 2013
- The sum of $221M will be invested on the Abitibi-Témiscamingue roads between 2013 and 2015, creating or maintaining 1,628 jobs (available in French only)
- The Centre de santé et de services sociaux de Rouyn-Noranda is looking for 15 nurses and 5 licensed practical nurses (available in French only)
Week of Apr 22 – Apr 26, 2013
- On April 22, the Maison de la Santé Optimale will open its doors in Rouyn-Noranda and the team will consist of 12 health professionals (available in French only)
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
- In Rouyn-Noranda, Xstrata Copper's Horne smelter has announced that it will be investing $150M in its recycling plant up to 2016, creating some 30 jobs (available in French only)
- Date Modified: