Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Machine operators in this unit group operate machinery or equipment to fabricate complete products or parts for use in the assembly of electrical appliances and equipment, and electrical apparatus, such as batteries, fuses and plugs. Inspectors in this unit group inspect and test completed parts and production items. Workers in this unit group are employed by electrical appliance and electrical equipment manufacturing companies.
assembly machine setter – electrical equipment manufacturing, dry cell charge machine operator, epoxy coating machine operator, inspector, electrical dry battery, inspector, electrical light bulbs, machine operator – electrical equipment manufacturing, machine set-up operator – electrical appliance manufacturing, production line battery repairer – electrical equipment manufacturing.
- Operate machinery to assemble, test or package dry cell batteries
- Position lead acid storage batteries on assembly line and insert battery contents into casing
- Operate machinery, such as pasting and stacking machines, to fabricate plates for lead acid storage batteries
- Load machinery with glass tubes, bulbs and other parts used to produce incandescent, fluorescent and other types of light bulbs and tubes, and remove and pack finished product
- Operate or feed machinery and equipment to produce electrical wiring devices such as fuses, plugs, caps, sockets, connectors and switches
- Operate equipment to apply protective coatings to items such as freezer cabinets, small electric motors or transformer assemblies
- Perform minor repairs to items rejected from production line
- Set up and adjust production machinery and equipment for operation.
- Check in-process and completed production items for visual or mechanical defects or operate testing equipment to maintain quality of products
- Identify and mark acceptable and defective assemblies and return faulty assemblies to production for repair
- Collect, record and summarize inspection results.
Outlook & Prospects for Machine Operators and Inspectors, Electrical Apparatus Manufacturing in Abitibi-Témiscamingue Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Abitibi-Témiscamingue Region||<Not assigned>||2009-12-30|
Compared to other occupations, this is a relatively small occupational group in the local area with few and infrequent job opportunities.
Local Labour Market News
Week of May 06 – May 10, 2013
- Usinage Filliatrault in Palmarolle plans to invest $600,000 in capital properties and adds 10 jobs (available in French only)
- Pâtisserie Chevalier in Shawinigan-Sud ceased production May 3rd, and 74 employees have been laid off (available in French only)
Week of Apr 29 – May 03, 2013
- The sum of $221M will be invested on the Abitibi-Témiscamingue roads between 2013 and 2015, creating or maintaining 1,628 jobs (available in French only)
- The Centre de santé et de services sociaux de Rouyn-Noranda is looking for 15 nurses and 5 licensed practical nurses (available in French only)
Week of Apr 22 – Apr 26, 2013
- On April 22, the Maison de la Santé Optimale will open its doors in Rouyn-Noranda and the team will consist of 12 health professionals (available in French only)
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
- In Rouyn-Noranda, Xstrata Copper's Horne smelter has announced that it will be investing $150M in its recycling plant up to 2016, creating some 30 jobs (available in French only)
- Date Modified: