Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Photographic and film processors process and finish still photographic film and motion picture film. They are employed in film processing laboratories and retail photofinishing establishments.
darkroom technician, film developer, film printing machine operator, film processor, photofinisher, photograph developer, photograph inspector, photographic processor.
- Operate equipment to develop negatives and slides, and to print black and white and colour photographs
- Operate photographic enlarging equipment to produce prints and enlargements from negatives
- Operate equipment to develop motion picture film
- Tend automatic equipment in retail establishments to develop colour negatives, prints and slides
- Operate equipment to transfer film to video tape
- Retouch photographic negatives or original prints to correct defects
- Splice film and mount film on reels
- Measure and mix chemicals required for processing
- Inspect rolls of photographic prints for conformance to specifications; or motion picture film to detect defects in developing and printing.
Outlook & Prospects for Photographic and Film Processors in Abitibi-Témiscamingue Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Abitibi-Témiscamingue Region||<Not assigned>||2011-12-21|
Compared to other occupations, this is a relatively small occupational group in the local area with few and infrequent job opportunities.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Nov 25 - Nov 29, 2013
- In La Sarre, approximately 30 persons are working on Clifton Star¿s open-pit mine Duparquet project (available in French only)
- The RCM of Témiscamingue¿s recycling plant closed its doors on November 22, affecting a dozen contract employees (available in French only)
- QMX Gold will be progressively laying off its 105 employees until fall 2014 at the Lac Herbin mine in Val-d¿Or (available in French only)
- On November 27, Iamgold announced that it was cutting close to 40 jobs and temporarily laying off approximately 20 more employees at the Westwood mine located close to Rouyn-Noranda (available in French only)
- Waste management company Sani-Tri, of Rouyn-Noranda, is closing its doors; about a hundred workers are losing their jobs. (available in French only)
- According to the revised profile of labour force needs, Rouyn-Noranda's Centre de sant¿ et des services sociaux needs 17 additional nurses (available in French only)
- The Agence de la sant¿ et des services sociaux de l'Abitibi-T¿miscamingue has an annual budget of $1.4M dedicated to granting incentives and scholarships in the recruitment of doctors (available in French only)
- Date Modified: