Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Photographic and film processors process and finish still photographic film and motion picture film. They are employed in film processing laboratories and retail photofinishing establishments.
darkroom technician, film developer, film printing machine operator, film processor, photofinisher, photograph developer, photograph inspector, photographic processor.
- Operate equipment to develop negatives and slides, and to print black and white and colour photographs
- Operate photographic enlarging equipment to produce prints and enlargements from negatives
- Operate equipment to develop motion picture film
- Tend automatic equipment in retail establishments to develop colour negatives, prints and slides
- Operate equipment to transfer film to video tape
- Retouch photographic negatives or original prints to correct defects
- Splice film and mount film on reels
- Measure and mix chemicals required for processing
- Inspect rolls of photographic prints for conformance to specifications; or motion picture film to detect defects in developing and printing.
Outlook & Prospects for Photographic and Film Processors in Abitibi-Témiscamingue Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Abitibi-Témiscamingue Region||<Not assigned>||2011-12-21|
Compared to other occupations, this is a relatively small occupational group in the local area with few and infrequent job opportunities.
Local Labour Market News
Week of May 06 – May 10, 2013
- Usinage Filliatrault in Palmarolle plans to invest $600,000 in capital properties and adds 10 jobs (available in French only)
- Pâtisserie Chevalier in Shawinigan-Sud ceased production May 3rd, and 74 employees have been laid off (available in French only)
Week of Apr 29 – May 03, 2013
- The sum of $221M will be invested on the Abitibi-Témiscamingue roads between 2013 and 2015, creating or maintaining 1,628 jobs (available in French only)
- The Centre de santé et de services sociaux de Rouyn-Noranda is looking for 15 nurses and 5 licensed practical nurses (available in French only)
Week of Apr 22 – Apr 26, 2013
- On April 22, the Maison de la Santé Optimale will open its doors in Rouyn-Noranda and the team will consist of 12 health professionals (available in French only)
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
- In Rouyn-Noranda, Xstrata Copper's Horne smelter has announced that it will be investing $150M in its recycling plant up to 2016, creating some 30 jobs (available in French only)
- Date Modified: