Explore Careers - Job Market Report
This unit group includes supervisors, not elsewhere classified, who supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers who assemble, fabricate and inspect a variety of products, such as jewellery, clocks and watches, millwork, sporting goods, toys and other miscellaneous products. They are employed in a wide variety of manufacturing companies.
foreman/woman, bicycle assembly, foreman/woman, clock and watch assembly, foreman/woman, jewellery manufacturing, foreman/woman, millwork assembly, supervisor, millwork assembly, supervisor, silverware manufacturing, supervisor, sports equipment assembly, supervisor, toy manufacturing.
- Supervise, co-ordinate and schedule activities of workers who assemble, fabricate and inspect products, such as jewellery, clocks, watches, bicycles, millwork, sporting goods and toys
- Establish methods to meet work schedules and co-ordinate work activities with other departments
- Resolve work problems and recommend measures to improve productivity and product quality
- Requisition materials and supplies
- Train workers in job duties, safety procedures and company policies
- Recommend personnel actions such as hirings and promotions
- Prepare production and other reports
- May set up machinery and equipment.
Outlook & Prospects for Supervisors, Other Products Manufacturing and Assembly in Abitibi-Témiscamingue Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Abitibi-Témiscamingue Region||<Not assigned>||2010-10-04|
Compared to other occupations, this is a relatively small occupational group in the local area with few and infrequent job opportunities.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Nov 25 - Nov 29, 2013
- In La Sarre, approximately 30 persons are working on Clifton Star¿s open-pit mine Duparquet project (available in French only)
- The RCM of Témiscamingue¿s recycling plant closed its doors on November 22, affecting a dozen contract employees (available in French only)
- QMX Gold will be progressively laying off its 105 employees until fall 2014 at the Lac Herbin mine in Val-d¿Or (available in French only)
- On November 27, Iamgold announced that it was cutting close to 40 jobs and temporarily laying off approximately 20 more employees at the Westwood mine located close to Rouyn-Noranda (available in French only)
- Waste management company Sani-Tri, of Rouyn-Noranda, is closing its doors; about a hundred workers are losing their jobs. (available in French only)
- According to the revised profile of labour force needs, Rouyn-Noranda's Centre de sant¿ et des services sociaux needs 17 additional nurses (available in French only)
- The Agence de la sant¿ et des services sociaux de l'Abitibi-T¿miscamingue has an annual budget of $1.4M dedicated to granting incentives and scholarships in the recruitment of doctors (available in French only)
- Date Modified: