Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Logging and forestry labourers perform a variety of manual tasks such as attaching choker cables to logs, planting trees, clearing brush, spraying chemicals, cleaning up landing areas and assisting other workers in woodlands operations. They are employed by logging companies and contractors.
chokerman/woman, forestry labourer, logging labourer, swamper – logging and forestry, tree planter, seasonal.
- Assist other workers at logging sites
- Attach chokers or cables to felled trees for yarding
- Plant trees using manual tools
- Spray herbicides from the ground using manual spraying equipment
- Clear trails through woodlands using chain saws
- Clean up landing areas at logging sites.
Outlook & Prospects for Logging and Forestry Labourers in Abitibi-Témiscamingue Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Provincial Employment Potential Information
The following table identifies employment conditions within Québec.
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Capitale-Nationale Region||<Not assigned>||2012-10-18|
|Centre-du-Québec Region||<Not assigned>||2012-11-08|
|Gaspésie -- Îles-de-la-Madeleine Region||2012-10-10|
|Lanaudière Region||<Not assigned>||2012-11-26|
|Laurentides Region||<Not assigned>||2012-11-01|
|Montérégie Region||<Not assigned>||2011-12-21|
|Montréal Region||<Not assigned>||2012-11-29|
Additional Provincial Prospects
Visit the Provincial Job Futures for information on the current trends and the future outlook for occupations in this province or territory. This Web site is a joint effort of the federal, provincial and territorial governments. You can view a report specific to this occupation on: Provincial Job Futures - (Employment Prospects section) Web Site.
Labour Market Bulletins
An analysis of the local labour market and an assessment of local employment-related events.
Provincial / Territorial Labour Market News
Week of Apr 29 – May 03, 2013
- Les entreprises agricoles de la Gaspésie is looking for labourers (available in French only)
Week of Apr 22 – Apr 26, 2013
- More than 350 workers will work this season at the Pépinière de Saint-Modeste (available in French only)
Week of Apr 08 – Apr 12, 2013
- Canneberges Bieler in Saint-Louis-de-Blandford invests more than $5.1M to obtain a freezer that will be linked to the cranberry receiving plant (available in French only)
- The Belle-de-Jour greenhouse workers cooperative in Saint-Nazaire invests close to $2M to improve its energy efficiency, which would allow it to maintain 55 jobs (available in French only)
Week of Apr 01 – Apr 05, 2013
- Date Modified: