Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Elevator constructors and mechanics assemble, install, maintain and repair freight and passenger elevators, escalators, moving walkways and other related equipment. They are employed by elevator construction and maintenance companies.
- Read and interpret blueprints to determine layout of system components
- Perform preparatory construction work including steel work, wiring and piping
- Install elevators, escalators, moving walkways, dumbwaiters and related equipment according to specifications
- Connect car frames to counterweights with cables and assemble elevator cars
- Install and wire electric and electronic control system devices
- Install, test and adjust safety control devices
- Test operation of newly installed equipment
- Troubleshoot electrical or mechanical systems failures
- Disassemble defective units and repair or replace worn or suspect parts
- Adjust valves, ratchets, seals, brake linings and other components
- Carry out preventative maintenance programs to ensure public safety.
Elevator constructors and mechanics may specialize in construction, maintenance or repair.
Outlook & Prospects for Elevator Constructors and Mechanics in Abitibi-Témiscamingue Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Abitibi-Témiscamingue Region||<Not assigned>||2011-12-21|
Compared to other occupations, this is a relatively small occupational group in the local area with few and infrequent job opportunities.
Local Labour Market News
Week of Jun 10 – Jun 14, 2013
- Construction Norascon of Amos has won a $1.7M contract to rebuild the Chemin Senator intersection in Rouyn-Noranda (available in French only)
Week of Jun 03 – Jun 07, 2013
- Following a $700M investment, the Westwood mine was inaugurated on June 4th, which will manage 700 jobs for 19 years in Abitibi (available in French only)
Week of May 27 – May 31, 2013
- Seventy jobs will be progressively terminated by September 13th at the Centre d'Interaction Proximédia, a call centre located in Rouyn-Noranda (available in French only)
Week of May 20 – May 24, 2013
- Two training sessions for working in the mines will be offered by Formation Mirabel in Amos (available in French only)
- Date Modified: