Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Textile machinery mechanics and repairers install, maintain, repair, overhaul and set up textile machinery such as looms, knitting machines, spinning frames and carding machines. They are employed by textile manufacturing companies.
card fixer, card grinder, fixer, textile machinery, knitting machine mechanic, loom fixer, loom technician, mechanic, textile machines, open-end technician, spinning fixer, textile fixer.
- Repair and overhaul electrical and mechanical systems on textile machinery
- Adjust and set up complex machinery for new patterns or products
- Perform maintenance such as cleaning and lubrication of textile machinery, and replace and align moving parts as required
- Recommend equipment changes or modifications and evaluate new equipment
- Troubleshoot, test run and verify machine for proper operation.
Outlook & Prospects for Textile Machinery Mechanics and Repairers in Abitibi-Témiscamingue Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Abitibi-Témiscamingue Region||<Not assigned>||2009-12-30|
Compared to other occupations, this is a relatively small occupational group in the local area with few and infrequent job opportunities.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Dec 09 - Dec 13, 2013
- In Abitibi-Témiscamingue, there are substantial challenges in recruiting various health professionals, including audiologists, cytologists and occupational therapists (available in French only)
- In Abitibi-Témiscamingue, the Commission de la construction du Québec has determined that it will need 240 apprentices from 2013-2016 (available in French only)
- Distribution MGF, in Rouyn-Noranda, closed its food distribution business on November 1st and 30 employees were laid off (available in French only)
- In La Sarre, approximately 30 persons are working on Clifton Star¿s open-pit mine Duparquet project (available in French only)
- The RCM of Témiscamingue¿s recycling plant closed its doors on November 22, affecting a dozen contract employees (available in French only)
- QMX Gold will be progressively laying off its 105 employees until fall 2014 at the Lac Herbin mine in Val-d¿Or (available in French only)
- On November 27, Iamgold announced that it was cutting close to 40 jobs and temporarily laying off approximately 20 more employees at the Westwood mine located close to Rouyn-Noranda (available in French only)
- Waste management company Sani-Tri, of Rouyn-Noranda, is closing its doors; about a hundred workers are losing their jobs. (available in French only)
- Date Modified: