There are 139 job postings in Canada.
Explore Careers - Job Market Report
This unit group includes heating, refrigeration, air conditioning, millwrighting and elevator installation trade contractors who own and operate their own businesses. This group also includes supervisors who supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers classified in unit groups within the following minor groups: <i>Machinery and Transportation Equipment Mechanics (Except Motor Vehicle)</i> (731), <i>Automotive Service Technicians</i> (732) and <i>Other Mechanics</i> (733). They are employed in a wide range of establishments; places of employment are indicated in the unit group descriptions.
contractor, heating systems, foreman/woman, air conditioning and refrigeration mechanics, foreman/woman, aircraft mechanics and inspectors, foreman/woman, electrical mechanics, foreman/woman, heating systems mechanics, foreman/woman, heavy-duty equipment mechanics, foreman/woman, printing machine repairers, foreman/woman, railway car repairers, foreman/woman, railway equipment maintenance inspectors, foreman/woman, textile machine mechanics, supervisor, aircraft maintenance engineers (AME), supervisor, appliance repair shop, supervisor, industrial mechanics, supervisor, motor vehicle repair shop, supervisor, small-engine repair shop.
- Supervise, co-ordinate and schedule the activities of workers who repair and maintain aircraft, railway locomotives and cars, industrial machinery and equipment, construction and other heavy equipment, textile equipment, printing machines, heating equipment and furnaces, transformers and other electrical equipment, motor vehicles, air-conditioning and refrigeration equipment, electric appliances and other equipment, such as motorcycles, outboard motors and snowmobiles
- Establish methods to meet work schedules and co-ordinate work activities with other departments
- Requisition materials and supplies
- Resolve work problems and recommend work measures to improve productivity
- Train or arrange for training of workers
- Recommend personnel actions such as hiring and promotions
- Ensure that standards for safe working conditions are observed
- Prepare production and other reports
- May manage the operations of own company
- May also supervise, co-ordinate and schedule the activities of related apprentices, helpers and labourers.
Jobs for Contractors and Supervisors, Mechanic Trades in Abitibi-Témiscamingue Region
Job opportunities from Job Bank and contributing job sites are updated daily.
Job Opportunities in the Canadian Forces
The Canadian Forces is currently recruiting 2,800 Regular Force, and 5,400 part-time Reserve Force members for a wide range of careers across Canada.
The mission of the Canadian Forces is to protect Canada, defend North America in co operation with the U.S., and contribute to international peace and security. On any given day, about 8,000 Canadian Forces members - one third of our deployable force - are preparing for, engaged in or returning from an overseas mission. At home, Canadian Forces can bring the best available military resources from across Canada to bear on a crisis or threat, wherever it occurs, nation-wide.
To learn about the requirements and application process, visit FORCES.CA.
Federal Employment Programs and Services
Want to learn about programs that assist individuals, businesses and community organizations to identify employment resources such as jobs, labour market information and training opportunities? Visit:
- Canada Benefits
- Employment programs and services - Service Canada
- Training and Employment Initiatives - Service Canada
- Career Transition Assistance
- Opportunities Fund for Persons with Disabilities
- Aboriginal Skills and Employment Training Strategy
- Students and Youth
Information for Youth and Students
Federal Student Work Experience Program (FSWEP)
FSWEP provides full-time students with valuable, hands-on work experience related to their field of study and allows for a wealth of learning opportunities. For more information, visit the FSWEP Web site.
- Date Modified: