Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Retail trade supervisors supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers in the following unit groups: <i>Retail Salespersons and Sales Clerks</i> (6421), <i>Cashiers</i> (6611), <i>Grocery Clerks and Store Shelf Stockers</i> (6622) and <i>Other Elemental Sales Occupations</i> (6623). They are employed by stores and other retail businesses, wholesale businesses that sell on a retail basis to the public, rental service establishments and businesses involved in door-to-door soliciting and telemarketing.
department store supervisor, head cashier, liquor store supervisor, produce department supervisor, rental service supervisor, route supervisor, retail sales, telemarketing supervisor.
- Supervise and co-ordinate sales staff and cashiers
- Assign sales workers to duties and prepare work schedules
- Authorize payments by cheque and the return of merchandise
- Sell merchandise to customers
- Resolve problems that arise, such as customer complaints and supply shortages
- Maintain specified inventory and order merchandise
- Prepare reports regarding sales volumes, merchandising and personnel matters
- Hire and train or arrange for the training of new sales staff.
Outlook & Prospects for Retail Trade Supervisors in Abitibi-Témiscamingue Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
For the 2012-2014 period, job opportunities in the Abitibi-Temiscamingue region are expected to be fair for this occupation.
Local Labour Market News
Week of Mar 11 – Mar 15, 2013
- Following the closure of Zellers in Val-d'Or on March 14, a hundred-some employees lost their jobs (available in French only)
Week of Nov 26 – Nov 30, 2012
- Phase 2 of the Jardins du Patrimoine, a residence for independent seniors in Amos, will open on December 1 and will provide a home for nearly 225 people (available in French only)
Week of Nov 05 – Nov 09, 2012
- Meubles Marchand announced the construction of a new branch in Rouyn-Noranda - an investment of $5M (available in French only)
- Date Modified: