Explore Careers - Job Market Report
This unit group includes musicians, singers and teachers of vocal and instrumental music. Musicians and singers perform with orchestras, choirs, opera companies and popular bands in establishments such as concert halls, lounges and theatres and in film, television and recording studios. Music teachers teach in conservatories, academies and private homes.
accompanist, church organist, guitar player, instrumentalist, music teacher – musicians, musician, opera singer, percussionist, recording artist, rock singer, singer, vocalist.
- Musicians play one or more instruments as soloists or as members of a musical group before audiences or for recording purposes.
- Singers sing musical arrangements as soloists or as members of vocal groups before audiences or for recording purposes.
- Teachers of music or voice teach technique, interpretation and music theory to students through private or group lessons.
Musicians and singers usually specialize in specific types of music such as classical, country, ethnic, jazz, opera or popular music.
Outlook & Prospects for Musicians and Singers in Abitibi-Témiscamingue Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Abitibi-Témiscamingue Region||<Not assigned>||2011-12-21|
Compared to other occupations, this is a relatively small occupational group in the local area with few and infrequent job opportunities.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Jul 08 - Jul 12, 2013
- Le Petit Théâtre du Vieux Noranda receives a grant of close to $3M from the provincial government to renovate its premises and modernize its facilities (available in French only)
- Opémican National Park will be opened in 2017 in Témiscamingue. The Quebec Government plans to invest $26M in this project. (available in French only)
- Provincial government announces $3M investment for the restoration project of the old Lamaque mine in Val-d'Or (available in French only)
- Date Modified: