Explore Careers - Job Market Report
This unit group includes those who oversee and administer recreation, sports and fitness programs and activities, provide consulting services, conduct research and develop programs and policies related to recreation, sports and physical fitness. They are employed by federal, provincial and municipal governments, recreation, sports, fitness and health care facilities, retirement homes, community centres, sports and fitness consulting firms and organizations, or they may be self-employed.
camp co-ordinator, exercise physiologist, exercise therapist, fitness appraiser, fitness consultant, fitness supervisor, kinesiologist, recreation consultant, registered kinesiologist, sports consultant, sports policy analyst, sports program supervisor.
- Kinesiologists conduct fitness and human movement tests and assessments. They design and implement programs to maintain, rehabilitate or enhance movement and performance in the areas of sports, recreation, work and exercise.
- Fitness consultants provide expert advice and consulting services to community groups, corporations, schools and other organizations in the design and development of fitness programs and activities. They may write proposals and press statements for corporations, industry and the fitness community.
- Recreation consultants provide expert advice and consulting service to communities, corporations, institutions and other organizations in the design and development of recreation programs and activities.
- Sports consultants provide expert advice and consulting service to sports associations and other organizations in the design, development and administration of sports programs and activities.
- Recreation, sports and fitness policy analysts conduct research and develop government policies related to recreation, sports, fitness and athletic safety and standards.
- Recreation, sports and fitness program supervisors develop, plan and co-ordinate sports, fitness and recreation programs, and special sporting events.
- Fitness appraisers conduct fitness tests and assessments, and design, develop and deliver fitness counselling.
- Exercise therapists conduct fitness tests and assessments, and design, develop and deliver rehabilitative exercise programs in occupational and related health settings.
Outlook & Prospects for Recreation, Sports and Fitness Program Supervisors and Consultants in Abitibi-Témiscamingue Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
For the 2012-2014 period, job opportunities in the Abitibi-Temiscamingue region are expected to be fair for this occupation.
Local Labour Market News
Week of Mar 25 – Mar 29, 2013
- Opémican National Park will be opened in 2017 in Témiscamingue. The Quebec Government plans to invest $26M in this project. (available in French only)
Week of Jul 23 – Jul 27, 2012
- Provincial government announces $3M investment for the restoration project of the old Lamaque mine in Val-d'Or (available in French only)
- Date Modified: