Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Civil engineering technologists and technicians provide technical support and services to scientists, engineers and other professionals, or may work independently in fields such as structural engineering, municipal engineering, construction design and supervision, highways and transportation engineering, water resources engineering, geotechnical engineering and environmental protection. They are employed by consulting engineering and construction companies, public works, transportation and other government departments and in many other industries.
bridge design technician, building materials technician, civil engineering technician, civil engineering technologist, construction technologist, foundation technologist, highway technician, municipal engineering assistant, soil technologist – civil engineering, specifications writer, construction, structural design technologist, structural investigator.
- Develop engineering designs and drawings from preliminary concepts and sketches
- Prepare construction specifications, cost and material estimates, project schedules and reports
- Supervise or conduct field surveys, inspections or technical investigations of topography, soils, drainage and water supply systems, road and highway systems, buildings and structures to provide data for engineering projects
- Conduct or supervise inspection and testing of construction materials
- May supervise, monitor and inspect construction projects.
- Assist in developing engineering specifications and drawings
- Participate in field surveys, inspections or technical investigations of topography, soils, drainage and water supply systems, road and highway systems, buildings and structures to provide data for engineering projects
- Perform other technical functions in support of civil engineering activities.
Wages for Civil Engineering Technologists and Technicians in Abitibi-Témiscamingue Region
Wages depend on job requirements and work conditions. They also vary between regions, for reasons such as location, labour agreements, and the availability of workers. The wages below are estimated before taxes.
- Date Modified: