Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Meteorologists analyze and forecast weather, provide consultation on atmospheric phenomena and conduct research into the processes and phenomena of weather, climate and atmosphere. They are employed by Environment Canada as well as by the military, private consulting companies, resource and utility companies and by provincial governments or they may be self-employed.
air quality meteorologist, atmospheric physicist, climatologist, hydrometeorologist, meteorologist, weather forecaster.
- Analyze and interpret data obtained from meteorological stations, radar and satellite imagery and computer model output
- Produce weather forecasts and provide weather consulting services for industries such as aviation, marine, agriculture and tourism, and to the general public
- Disseminate weather forecasts and reports to the general public through a variety of media including radio, television, print and the internet
- Conduct research and provide consultation on the processes and determinants of atmospheric phenomena, weather and climate, atmospheric dispersion, and physical and chemical transformation of pollutants
- Develop and test mathematical computer models of weather and climate for experimental or operational use
- Analyze the impact of industrial projects and human activity on the climate and quality of the air and work with the social science, engineering and economic communities to develop appropriate mitigation strategies
- Participate in studies of the effect of weather on the environment
- Provide consultation and advice to outside agencies, professionals, or researchers regarding the use and interpretation of climatological information
- Make scientific presentations, publish reports, articles or popular texts for specialists, users or the general public
- May engage in the design and development of new equipment and procedures for meteorological data collection, remote sensing, or for related applications.
Wages for Meteorologists in Abitibi-Témiscamingue Region
Wages depend on job requirements and work conditions. They also vary between regions, for reasons such as location, labour agreements, and the availability of workers. The wages below are estimated before taxes.
Due to data limitations, the wage for this occupation cannot be published. Please refer to the wage published for this occupation at the provincial or territorial level.
- Date Modified: