There are 0 job postings in Canada.
Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Meteorologists analyze and forecast weather, provide consultation on atmospheric phenomena and conduct research into the processes and phenomena of weather, climate and atmosphere. They are employed by Environment Canada as well as by the military, private consulting companies, resource and utility companies and by provincial governments or they may be self-employed.
air quality meteorologist, atmospheric physicist, climatologist, hydrometeorologist, meteorologist, weather forecaster.
- Analyze and interpret data obtained from meteorological stations, radar and satellite imagery and computer model output
- Produce weather forecasts and provide weather consulting services for industries such as aviation, marine, agriculture and tourism, and to the general public
- Disseminate weather forecasts and reports to the general public through a variety of media including radio, television, print and the internet
- Conduct research and provide consultation on the processes and determinants of atmospheric phenomena, weather and climate, atmospheric dispersion, and physical and chemical transformation of pollutants
- Develop and test mathematical computer models of weather and climate for experimental or operational use
- Analyze the impact of industrial projects and human activity on the climate and quality of the air and work with the social science, engineering and economic communities to develop appropriate mitigation strategies
- Participate in studies of the effect of weather on the environment
- Provide consultation and advice to outside agencies, professionals, or researchers regarding the use and interpretation of climatological information
- Make scientific presentations, publish reports, articles or popular texts for specialists, users or the general public
- May engage in the design and development of new equipment and procedures for meteorological data collection, remote sensing, or for related applications.
Jobs for Meteorologists in Abitibi-Témiscamingue Region
Job opportunities from Job Bank and contributing job sites are updated daily.
Job Opportunities as a Meteorological Technicians in the Canadian Forces
The Canadian Forces is currently recruiting for the occupation of Meteorological Technicians. Meteorological Technicians (MET TECH) are employed in observing, briefing and forecasting weather conditions in support of operations at Air Force Wings and Squadrons, on Naval Ships at sea and in Land Force facilities.
To learn more about the requirements for this occupation and the application process, visit FORCES.CA.
Federal Employment Programs and Services
Want to learn about programs that assist individuals, businesses and community organizations to identify employment resources such as jobs, labour market information and training opportunities? Visit:
- Canada Benefits
- Employment programs and services - Service Canada
- Training and Employment Initiatives - Service Canada
- Career Transition Assistance
- Opportunities Fund for Persons with Disabilities
- Aboriginal Skills and Employment Training Strategy
- Students and Youth
Information for Youth and Students
Federal Student Work Experience Program (FSWEP)
FSWEP provides full-time students with valuable, hands-on work experience related to their field of study and allows for a wealth of learning opportunities. For more information, visit the FSWEP Web site.
- Date Modified: