Explore Careers - Job Market Report
General office clerks prepare correspondence, reports, statements and other material, operate office equipment, answer telephones and perform clerical duties of a general nature according to established procedures. They are employed in offices throughout the public and private sectors.
- Key in, edit, proofread and finalize correspondence, reports, statements, invoices, forms, presentations and other documents, from notes or dictaphone, using computers
- Respond to telephone, in person or electronic enquiries or forward to appropriate person
- Provide general information to clients and the public
- Photocopy and collate documents for distribution, mailing and filing
- Maintain and prepare reports from manual or electronic files, inventories, mailing lists and databases
- Process incoming and outgoing mail, manually or electronically
- Send and receive messages and documents using fax machine or electronic mail
- May perform bookkeeping tasks such as preparing invoices and bank deposits
- May sort, process and verify applications, receipts, expenditures, forms and other documents
- May order office supplies, service office equipment and arrange for servicing in the case of major repairs.
Outlook & Prospects for General Office Clerks in Abitibi-Témiscamingue Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
For the 2012-2014 period, job opportunities in the Abitibi-Temiscamingue region are expected to be fair for this occupation.
Local Labour Market News
Week of May 06 – May 10, 2013
- Usinage Filliatrault in Palmarolle plans to invest $600,000 in capital properties and adds 10 jobs (available in French only)
- Pâtisserie Chevalier in Shawinigan-Sud ceased production May 3rd, and 74 employees have been laid off (available in French only)
Week of Apr 29 – May 03, 2013
- The sum of $221M will be invested on the Abitibi-Témiscamingue roads between 2013 and 2015, creating or maintaining 1,628 jobs (available in French only)
- The Centre de santé et de services sociaux de Rouyn-Noranda is looking for 15 nurses and 5 licensed practical nurses (available in French only)
Week of Apr 22 – Apr 26, 2013
- On April 22, the Maison de la Santé Optimale will open its doors in Rouyn-Noranda and the team will consist of 12 health professionals (available in French only)
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
- In Rouyn-Noranda, Xstrata Copper's Horne smelter has announced that it will be investing $150M in its recycling plant up to 2016, creating some 30 jobs (available in French only)
- Date Modified: