Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Engineering managers plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the activities of an engineering department, service or firm. They are employed by a wide range of private sector and government establishments and by consulting engineering and scientific research companies.
director, engineering research and development, electrical engineering service manager, engineering department manager, engineering manager, manager, telecommunications engineering service, production engineering manager.
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the activities and operations of an engineering department, service or firm
- Develop and implement policies, standards and procedures for the engineering and technical work performed in the department, service, laboratory or firm
- Consult and negotiate with clients to prepare specifications, explain proposals and present engineering reports and findings
- Assign, co-ordinate and review the technical work of the department or project teams
- Recruit personnel and oversee development and maintenance of staff competence in required areas
- May participate directly in the design, development and inspection of technical projects or in the engineering work of the department.
Outlook & Prospects for Engineering Managers in Abitibi-Témiscamingue Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Abitibi-Témiscamingue Region||<Not assigned>||2012-10-10|
Compared to other occupations, this is a relatively small occupational group in the local area with few and infrequent job opportunities.
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Nov 25 - Nov 29, 2013
- In La Sarre, approximately 30 persons are working on Clifton Star¿s open-pit mine Duparquet project (available in French only)
- The RCM of Témiscamingue¿s recycling plant closed its doors on November 22, affecting a dozen contract employees (available in French only)
- QMX Gold will be progressively laying off its 105 employees until fall 2014 at the Lac Herbin mine in Val-d¿Or (available in French only)
- On November 27, Iamgold announced that it was cutting close to 40 jobs and temporarily laying off approximately 20 more employees at the Westwood mine located close to Rouyn-Noranda (available in French only)
- Waste management company Sani-Tri, of Rouyn-Noranda, is closing its doors; about a hundred workers are losing their jobs. (available in French only)
- According to the revised profile of labour force needs, Rouyn-Noranda's Centre de sant¿ et des services sociaux needs 17 additional nurses (available in French only)
- The Agence de la sant¿ et des services sociaux de l'Abitibi-T¿miscamingue has an annual budget of $1.4M dedicated to granting incentives and scholarships in the recruitment of doctors (available in French only)
- Date Modified: