Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Pest controllers and fumigators inspect buildings and outside areas for pest infestation and spray chemical treatments to kill noxious and destructive insects, rodents and other pests or set cage traps to capture and remove animals. They are employed by pest control companies, or they may be self-employed.
animal control trapper, exterminator, pests, fumigator, pests, nuisance control trapper, pest control operator, pest control technician, pest controller.
- Inspect buildings and outside areas at regular intervals or at specific request of property owner to detect signs of infestation
- Determine type of treatment required and provide estimate of costs to clients
- Prepare and spray chemical mixture on infested areas using mechanical or electric sprayer to kill insects, rodents and other pests
- Fumigate households
- Place and set traps to capture and remove animals, such as skunks or raccoons
- Install animal control barriers such as needle strips, netting and other devices to keep animals off property
- Clean out areas that harbour pests using rakes, shovels, brooms or mops
- Advise clients on how to prevent pest infestation.
Jobs for Pest Controllers and Fumigators in Interlake Region
Job opportunities from Job Bank and contributing job sites are updated daily.
There are currently no job offers available in Interlake Region for this occupation.
Where to look for job opportunities
Job postings can be found in many places: on the Internet, on community bulletin boards, at job fairs or in newspaper
help wanted sections.
Information about available work is often circulated through managers, employees and business associates, as well as through family, friends and acquaintances. Networking Link opens in a new window is one of the best ways to search for jobs.
RSS job search feed
Subscribe to the Canada’s National Job Bank's RSS job search feedLink opens in a new window and receive automatic job posting updates for the location and occupation you have selected.
- Date Modified: