Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Testers and graders in this unit group test or grade ingredients and finished food, beverage or tobacco products to ensure conformance to company standards. They are employed in fruit and vegetable processing plants, dairies, flour mills, bakeries, sugar refineries, fish plants, meat plants, breweries and other food, beverage and tobacco processing plants.
beef grader, beer tester, cheese grader, fish grader, milk grader, poultry grader, product tester – food and beverage processing, tobacco grader.
- Take samples of products at various stages of processing
- Examine ingredients or finished products by sight, touch, taste and smell or weigh materials to ensure conformance to company standards
- Conduct routine tests for product specifications such as colour, alcohol content, carbonation, moisture content, temperature, fat content and packaging
- Grade or sort raw materials or finished products
- Ensure hygiene and sanitation practices conform to policies and regulations
- Advise supervisors of ingredient or product deficiencies.
Outlook & Prospects for Testers and Graders, Food and Beverage Processing in Parklands Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Jul 15 - Jul 19, 2013
- The Duck Mountain Provincial Park expects an improvement in park services after receiving a capital investment of $2.4M, which will come over the next six years
- Construction is underway on the new $11.8M Richardson Recreation and Wellness Centre in Swan Valley. The first phase of the project is expected to be complete by spring of 2013. The project will employ approximately 50 tradespeople during construction. Upon completion, the Wellness Centre will also create long-term jobs for instructors, lifeguards, administrators and maintenance staff.
- Construction is underway on a new three-phase housing project developed by Wilisco Properties in the city of Dauphin. The first phase will be ready for occupancy this December, while the final two phases are expected to be complete by 2013. The project will employ approximately 10 tradespeople during construction.
- Date Modified: