Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Business development officers and marketing researchers and consultants conduct research, formulate policies and manage programs to stimulate industrial and commercial business investment or tourism in urban and rural areas or to promote commercial or industrial products and services. They are employed by government departments, international organizations, marketing firms and business associations or may be self-employed.
business development officer, community economic development consultant, economic development officer, industrial development officer, market researcher, marketing analyst, marketing consultant, regional development analyst, tourism development officer, tourism industry consultant.
- Develop policies and administer programs to promote industrial and commercial business investment in urban and rural areas
- Design market research questionnaires
- Conduct social or economic surveys on local, regional or national areas to assess development potential and future trends
- Plan development projects and co-ordinate activities with representatives of a wide variety of industrial and commercial enterprises, community and business associations and government agencies
- Assess business opportunities and develop strategies to attract venture capital
- Respond to enquiries from members of the business community and general public concerning development opportunities
- Review and evaluate commercial or industrial development proposals and provide advice on procedures and requirements for government approval
- Conduct surveys and analyze data on the buying habits and preferences of wholesale or retail consumers
- Evaluate customer service and store environments
- Conduct comparative research on marketing strategies for industrial and commercial products
- Develop social and economic profiles of urban and rural areas to encourage industrial and commercial investment and development.
- Prepare reports, research papers, educational texts or articles
- Plan and develop E-commerce strategies
- Provide consultation on planning and starting of new businesses.
Outlook & Prospects for Business Development Officers and Marketing Researchers and Consultants in Parklands Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Local Labour Market News
Week of Oct 15 – Oct 19, 2012
- Construction is underway on the new $11.8M Richardson Recreation and Wellness Centre in Swan Valley. The first phase of the project is expected to be complete by spring of 2013. The project will employ approximately 50 tradespeople during construction. Upon completion, the Wellness Centre will also create long-term jobs for instructors, lifeguards, administrators and maintenance staff.
Week of Oct 01 – Oct 05, 2012
- Construction is underway on a new three-phase housing project developed by Wilisco Properties in the city of Dauphin. The first phase will be ready for occupancy this December, while the final two phases are expected to be complete by 2013. The project will employ approximately 10 tradespeople during construction.
Week of Aug 27 – Aug 31, 2012
Week of Jul 23 – Jul 27, 2012
- Date Modified: