Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Assemblers in this unit group assemble prefabricated parts to produce household, commercial and industrial appliances and equipment. Inspectors in this unit group inspect and test assembled products. Workers who set up and prepare assembly lines for operation are included in this unit group. Workers in this unit group are employed by electrical appliance and electrical equipment manufacturing companies.
assembler, electrical appliances, circuit breaker assembler, clothes dryer assembler, electric, coffee maker assembler, dishwasher assembler, hair dryer assembler, inspector, electrical appliance assembly, inspector, electrical controls assembly, lawn mower assembler, electric, production assembler, electrical equipment, refrigerator assembler, electric.
- Assemble prefabricated parts on an assembly line, or at work benches using screw guns and other hand and power tools
- Assemble small and large household electrical appliances such as coffeemakers, toasters, vacuum cleaners, lawnmowers, refrigerators and dishwashers
- Assemble small transformers, small electrical motors and transmissions used in appliances or other electrical products
- Assemble circuit breakers, switches or other electrical control equipment and position and fasten components such as springs, toggles or other parts into assembly casings
- Wind coils and armatures for small electric motors and transformers
- Perform minor repairs to products rejected from production assembly line
- Set up assembly line with materials and supplies required for production, and set up and adjust production tools.
- Check products at different stages of production for visual defects and faulty electrical and mechanical connections, or operate automatic or other testing equipment to ensure product quality
- Identify and mark acceptable and defective assemblies and return faulty assemblies to production for repair
- Collect, record and summarize inspection results.
Outlook & Prospects for Assemblers and Inspectors, Electrical Appliance, Apparatus and Equipment Manufacturing in Southwest Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Nov 11 - Nov 15, 2013
- A lack of daycare in the Municipality of Pipestone is placing limits on the employment opportunities available for young families in the area
- A new child-care centre will be opening in Brandon
- HyLife Foods¿ pork processing plant in Neepawa plans to expand this fall, resulting in the addition of 43 new employees by the end of September
- Date Modified: