Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Elevator constructors and mechanics assemble, install, maintain and repair freight and passenger elevators, escalators, moving walkways and other related equipment. They are employed by elevator construction and maintenance companies.
- Read and interpret blueprints to determine layout of system components
- Perform preparatory construction work including steel work, wiring and piping
- Install elevators, escalators, moving walkways, dumbwaiters and related equipment according to specifications
- Connect car frames to counterweights with cables and assemble elevator cars
- Install and wire electric and electronic control system devices
- Install, test and adjust safety control devices
- Test operation of newly installed equipment
- Troubleshoot electrical or mechanical systems failures
- Disassemble defective units and repair or replace worn or suspect parts
- Adjust valves, ratchets, seals, brake linings and other components
- Carry out preventative maintenance programs to ensure public safety.
Elevator constructors and mechanics may specialize in construction, maintenance or repair.
Jobs for Elevator Constructors and Mechanics in Southwest Region
Job opportunities from Job Bank and contributing job sites are updated daily.
There are currently no job offers available in Southwest Region for this occupation.
Where to look for job opportunities
help wanted sections.
RSS job search feed
- Date Modified: