Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Patternmakers in this unit group create master patterns for the production of garments, footwear and other textile, leather or fur products. They are employed by pattern manufacturers, textile, leather or fur products manufacturers or they may be self-employed.
dress patternmaker, embroidery patternmaker, fur garment patternmaker, garment patternmaker, leather products patternmaker, shoe patternmaker, textile products patternmaker.
- Examine sketches, samples of articles and specifications of designs to determine number, size and shape of pattern parts and assess the amount of cloth required to make product
- Draw, lay out and cut master pattern of product
- Outline parts of pattern on paper and mark pattern to indicate details such as placement of pockets and pleats on garments, decorative stitching on shoe parts or eyelets on canvas products
- Create pattern size variations from master pattern using computer or drafting instruments, or forward pattern to computer operator to create pattern size variations
- Lay out master pattern on fabric and cut sample pattern
- Mark size, identification, style and sewing instructions on sample patterns.
Jobs for Patternmakers – Textile, Leather and Fur Products in Southwest Region
Job opportunities from Job Bank and contributing job sites are updated daily.
There are currently no job offers available in Southwest Region for this occupation.
Where to look for job opportunities
Job postings can be found in many places: on the Internet, on community bulletin boards, at job fairs or in newspaper
help wanted sections.
Information about available work is often circulated through managers, employees and business associates, as well as through family, friends and acquaintances. Networking Link opens in a new window is one of the best ways to search for jobs.
RSS job search feed
Subscribe to the Canada’s National Job Bank's RSS job search feedLink opens in a new window and receive automatic job posting updates for the location and occupation you have selected.
- Date Modified: