Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Managers in this unit group plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate operations within publishing firms, film, theatre and record production companies and broadcasting facilities. They are employed by radio and television stations, by newspaper, periodical and book publishing firms, and by film, theatre, record and video production companies.
ballet company director, book publishing manager, broadcasting manager, copyright manager – publishing, dance company director, editor-in-chief, manager, radio station, managing editor, opera company director, publishing manager, radio programming manager, station manager, broadcasting, television station manager, theatre company manager, video production company manager.
- Establish procedures and implement policies in newspaper and publishing firms, in film, theatre, record and video production companies, and in radio and television stations
- Plan and maintain production schedules for publications, films, broadcasts, and theatre, record and video productions
- Prepare and control budgets
- Hire and supervise staff
- Consult with government regulatory agencies to evaluate and review programs and policies to ensure conformance to regulations
- Initiate or approve development of articles, books, films, broadcasts, musical recordings and theatre productions, and liaise with authors, composers, producers and directors.
Outlook & Prospects for Managers – Publishing, Motion Pictures, Broadcasting and Performing Arts in Southwest Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Nov 11 - Nov 15, 2013
- A lack of daycare in the Municipality of Pipestone is placing limits on the employment opportunities available for young families in the area
- A new child-care centre will be opening in Brandon
- HyLife Foods¿ pork processing plant in Neepawa plans to expand this fall, resulting in the addition of 43 new employees by the end of September
- Date Modified: