Explore Careers - Job Market Report
This unit group includes trade helpers and labourers, not elsewhere classified, who assist skilled tradespersons and perform labouring activities in the installation, maintenance and repair of industrial machinery, refrigeration, heating and air conditioning equipment, in the maintenance and repair of transportation and heavy equipment, in the installation and repair of telecommunication and power cables and in other repair and service work settings. They are employed by a wide variety of manufacturing, utility and service companies.
aerial spraying assistant, aircraft mechanic helper, cable installer helper, diesel mechanic helper, ground worker – telecommunications, mechanic's helper – automotive, millwright helper, refrigeration mechanic helper, splicer helper – telecommunications, surveyor helper.
- Move tools, equipment and other materials to and from work areas
- Assist in splicing overhead and underground communications and electric power transmission cables
- Assist in repairing, maintaining and installing industrial machinery and equipment
- Assist in repairing, maintaining and installing refrigeration, heating and air conditioning equipment
- Assist in repairing, maintaining and installing elevators
- Assist in repairing and maintaining stationary electric power generating and distribution equipment
- Assist in mechanical, electrical and body repairs of aircraft, railway cars, automobiles, trucks, buses, heavy equipment and motorcycles
- Assist in repairing electrical appliances, small engines or other similar equipment
- Mix fertilizers, herbicides and pesticides and load mixture into airplane for aerial spraying
- Assist in land surveying activities, such as holding or moving stakes and rods, clearing brush and debris from line of survey and transporting surveying tools to work area
- Perform other labouring and elemental tasks as required.
Outlook & Prospects for Other Trades Helpers and Labourers in South Central Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|South Central Region||N/A||N/A|
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Sep 16 - Sep 20, 2013
- Winkler¿s new 112,400-sq.-ft. high school, Northlands Parkway Collegiate, is now open with over 700 students
- A Burger King and Wilsons Gas Station, originally expected to open in Lunenburg spring of 2013, has been rescheduled to open in the coming winter due to construction delays
- Construction has begun on Winkler Bible Camp¿s $1.6M dining hall
- The Carman Food Center, formally known as D&M Fine Foods, has shut down. The restaurant served Carman for 24 years.
- The provincial government announced $571,000 in funding for multiple water work projects in the Burgeo-La Poile area. Funding for the project will be cost-shared by the provincial government and the towns of Burgeo and Channel-Port-aux-Basques.
- Date Modified: