Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Authors and writers plan, research and write books, scripts, storyboards, plays, essays, speeches, manuals, specifications and other non-journalistic articles for publication or presentation. They are employed by advertising agencies, governments, large corporations, private consulting firms, publishing firms, multimedia/new-media companies and other establishments, or they may be self-employed.
advertising copywriter, copywriter, essayist, interactive media writer, novelist, playwright, poet, scientific writer, script writer, specifications writer, speech writer, technical writer, writer.
- Novelists, playwrights, script writers, poets and other creative writers conceive and write novels, plays, scripts, poetry and other material for publication or presentation and may conduct research to establish factual content and to obtain other necessary information.
- Technical writers analyze material, such as specifications, notes and drawings, and write manuals, user guides and other documents to explain clearly and concisely the installation, operation and maintenance of software and electronic, mechanical and other equipment.
- Copywriters study and determine selling features of products and services and write text for advertisements and commercials.
Authors and writers may specialize in a particular subject or type of writing.
Outlook & Prospects for Authors and Writers in South Central Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Provincial Employment Potential Information
The following table identifies employment conditions within Manitoba.
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|North Central Region||N/A||N/A|
|South Central Region||N/A||N/A|
Additional Provincial Prospects
Visit the Provincial Job Futures for information on the current trends and the future outlook for occupations in this province or territory. This Web site is a joint effort of the federal, provincial and territorial governments. You can view a report specific to this occupation on: Provincial Job Futures - (Employment Prospects section) Web Site.
Labour Market Bulletins
An analysis of the local labour market and an assessment of local employment-related events.
Provincial / Territorial Labour Market News
Week of Feb 25 – Mar 01, 2013
Week of Feb 11 – Feb 15, 2013
- Epic Projection Technologies has cut back its Winnipeg operations and laid-off up to 15 staff members
Week of Jan 28 – Feb 01, 2013
- Manitoba Lotteries is hiring 40 employees for a gaming centre that will open in downtown Winnipeg in spring 2013
- Film Training Manitoba is receiving over $30,000 from the Career Focus program to help recent graduates gain on-the-job experience. Career Focus is part of the Government of Canada’s Youth Employment Strategy (YES).
Week of Jan 14 – Jan 18, 2013
- Date Modified: