Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Land survey technologists and technicians conduct or participate in surveys to determine the exact locations and relative positions of natural features and other structures on the earth's surface, underground and underwater. They are employed by all levels of government, architectural and engineering firms, and by private sector surveying establishments.
engineering survey technologist, geodetic survey technologist, geomatics technologist – surveying, land survey technician, legal survey technician, topographic survey technician, transit operator – surveying.
- Assist survey engineers or professional surveyors to develop methods and procedures for conducting field surveys
- Conduct field surveys and operate survey instruments and computer equipment to measure distance, angles, elevations and contours
- Record measurements and other information obtained during field survey activities
- Determine precise geographic locations using global positioning systems (GPS) equipment
- Analyze latitude, longitude and angles and compute trigonometric and other calculations to plot features, contours and areas to a specific scale
- Prepare detailed drawings, charts and plans and survey notes and reports
- Supervise and co-ordinate field survey activities.
- Participate in field surveys and operate survey instruments and devices
- Keep records, measurements and other survey information in systematic order
- Assist in the calculation, analysis and computation of measurements obtained during field surveys
- Assist in the preparation of detailed drawings, charts and plans.
Land survey technologists and technicians may specialize in one of the following types of surveys: geodetic survey, topographic survey, legal (cadastral) survey or engineering survey.
Outlook & Prospects for Land Survey Technologists and Technicians in South Central Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|South Central Region||N/A||N/A|
Local Labour Market News
Week of Apr 08 – Apr 12, 2013
Week of Apr 01 – Apr 05, 2013
- Pots N Hands restaurant in Morris is closing on April 13, 2013
- Border facility in Emerson will receive $10M in upgrades over 4 years
Week of Dec 10 – Dec 14, 2012
Week of Sep 17 – Sep 21, 2012
- Date Modified: