Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Land survey technologists and technicians conduct or participate in surveys to determine the exact locations and relative positions of natural features and other structures on the earth's surface, underground and underwater. They are employed by all levels of government, architectural and engineering firms, and by private sector surveying establishments.
engineering survey technologist, geodetic survey technologist, geomatics technologist – surveying, land survey technician, legal survey technician, topographic survey technician, transit operator – surveying.
- Assist survey engineers or professional surveyors to develop methods and procedures for conducting field surveys
- Conduct field surveys and operate survey instruments and computer equipment to measure distance, angles, elevations and contours
- Record measurements and other information obtained during field survey activities
- Determine precise geographic locations using global positioning systems (GPS) equipment
- Analyze latitude, longitude and angles and compute trigonometric and other calculations to plot features, contours and areas to a specific scale
- Prepare detailed drawings, charts and plans and survey notes and reports
- Supervise and co-ordinate field survey activities.
- Participate in field surveys and operate survey instruments and devices
- Keep records, measurements and other survey information in systematic order
- Assist in the calculation, analysis and computation of measurements obtained during field surveys
- Assist in the preparation of detailed drawings, charts and plans.
Land survey technologists and technicians may specialize in one of the following types of surveys: geodetic survey, topographic survey, legal (cadastral) survey or engineering survey.
Wages for Land Survey Technologists and Technicians in South Central Region
Wages depend on job requirements and work conditions. They also vary between regions, for reasons such as location, labour agreements, and the availability of workers. The wages below are estimated before taxes.
|South Central Region||N/A||N/A||N/A||
Due to data limitations, the wage for this occupation cannot be published. Please refer to the wage published for this occupation at the provincial or territorial level.
- Date Modified: