Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Land surveyors plan, direct and conduct legal surveys to establish the location of real property boundaries, contours and other natural or human-made features, and prepare and maintain cross-sectional drawings, official plans, records and documents pertaining to these surveys. They are employed by federal, provincial and municipal governments, private sector land surveying establishments, real estate development, natural resource, engineering and construction firms, or they may be self-employed.
commissioned land surveyor, land surveyor, legal surveyor, professional land surveyor, property surveyor.
- Develop survey plans, methods and procedures for conducting legal surveys
- Plan, direct and supervise or conduct surveys to establish and mark legal boundaries of properties, parcels of lands, provincial and Canada Lands, aboriginal land claims, well-sites, mining claims, utility rights-of-way, roadways and highways
- Survey and lay out subdivisions for rural and urban development
- Determine precise locations using electronic distance measuring equipment and global positioning systems (GPS)
- Analyze, manage and display data using geographic information systems (GIS) and computer-aided design and drafting (CAD)
- Record all measurements and other information obtained during survey activities
- Prepare or supervise the preparation and compilation of all data, plans, charts, records and documents related to surveys of real property boundaries
- Certify and assume liability for surveys made to establish real property boundaries
- Advise, provide consultation and testify as an expert witness on matters related to legal surveys.
Outlook & Prospects for Land Surveyors in South Central Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|South Central Region||N/A||N/A|
Local Labour Market News
Week of Apr 08 – Apr 12, 2013
Week of Apr 01 – Apr 05, 2013
- Pots N Hands restaurant in Morris is closing on April 13, 2013
- Border facility in Emerson will receive $10M in upgrades over 4 years
Week of Dec 10 – Dec 14, 2012
Week of Sep 17 – Sep 21, 2012
- Date Modified: