Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Engineering managers plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the activities of an engineering department, service or firm. They are employed by a wide range of private sector and government establishments and by consulting engineering and scientific research companies.
director, engineering research and development, electrical engineering service manager, engineering department manager, engineering manager, manager, telecommunications engineering service, production engineering manager.
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the activities and operations of an engineering department, service or firm
- Develop and implement policies, standards and procedures for the engineering and technical work performed in the department, service, laboratory or firm
- Consult and negotiate with clients to prepare specifications, explain proposals and present engineering reports and findings
- Assign, co-ordinate and review the technical work of the department or project teams
- Recruit personnel and oversee development and maintenance of staff competence in required areas
- May participate directly in the design, development and inspection of technical projects or in the engineering work of the department.
Wages for Engineering Managers in South Central Region
Wages depend on job requirements and work conditions. They also vary between regions, for reasons such as location, labour agreements, and the availability of workers. The wages below are estimated before taxes.
|North Central Region||N/A||N/A||N/A||Note|
|South Central Region||N/A||N/A||N/A||Note|
|Winnipeg Region||16.83||35.82||51.98||NoteLink opens in a new window|
Manitoba Job Futures
Visit the Provincial Job Futures for information on the current trends and the future outlook for occupations in this province or territory. The Web site is a joint effort of the federal, provincial and territorial governments.
You can view a report specific to this occupation on Manitoba Job Futures
- Date Modified: