Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Photographic and film processors process and finish still photographic film and motion picture film. They are employed in film processing laboratories and retail photofinishing establishments.
darkroom technician, film developer, film printing machine operator, film processor, photofinisher, photograph developer, photograph inspector, photographic processor.
- Operate equipment to develop negatives and slides, and to print black and white and colour photographs
- Operate photographic enlarging equipment to produce prints and enlargements from negatives
- Operate equipment to develop motion picture film
- Tend automatic equipment in retail establishments to develop colour negatives, prints and slides
- Operate equipment to transfer film to video tape
- Retouch photographic negatives or original prints to correct defects
- Splice film and mount film on reels
- Measure and mix chemicals required for processing
- Inspect rolls of photographic prints for conformance to specifications; or motion picture film to detect defects in developing and printing.
Outlook & Prospects for Photographic and Film Processors in Southeast Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Oct 28 - Nov 01, 2013
- Canalta Hotels is building its first hotel in Manitoba, near Salkirk. The 84-room hotel will be open next summer. Canalta is also seeking an additional location in Manitoba for future expansion.
- A water-bottling plant in Middlebro has been destroyed by fire; the plant employed approximately 20 people.
- Tantalum Mining Corporation will be laying off 35 workers on March 28 at its Tanco mine near Lac du Bonnet
- On February 23, 2013 Extra Foods in Steinbach will close its doors permanently and 35 people will be laid off
- On January 25, 2013 a new Walmart Supercentre opened in Steinbach with 176 employees
- Date Modified: