Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Aircraft mechanics maintain, repair, overhaul, modify and test aircraft structural and mechanical and hydraulic systems. Aircraft inspectors inspect aircraft and aircraft systems following manufacture, modification, maintenance, repair or overhaul. Aircraft mechanics and aircraft inspectors are employed by aircraft manufacturing, maintenance, repair and overhaul establishments, and by airlines, the armed forces and other aircraft operators.
aircraft gas turbine engine technician, aircraft inspector, aircraft maintenance engineer (AME) (except avionics), aircraft mechanic, aircraft structural repair technician, aircraft systems inspector, aviation mechanical component shop technician, certified aircraft technician, hydraulic mechanic, aircraft, inspector, flight test, inspector, repair and overhaul, shop inspector, aircraft repair.
- Troubleshoot aircraft structural, mechanical or hydraulic systems to identify problems and adjust and repair systems according to specifications, technical drawings, manuals and established procedures
- Repair and overhaul aircraft structural, mechanical or hydraulic systems
- Install or modify aircraft engines and mechanical, hydraulic, flight control, fuel and pneumatic systems
- Dismantle airframes, aircraft engines or other aircraft systems for repair, overhaul and cleaning, and reassemble
- Perform and document routine maintenance
- Order and maintain inventory of parts and supplies.
Aircraft inspectors perform some or all of the following duties:
Aircraft mechanics usually specialize in working on specific aircraft systems such as engines, engine accessories, airframes, propellers, mechanical components or hydraulic systems and specific kinds of aircraft, such as light aircraft, jet transports and helicopters.
- Inspect structural and mechanical systems of aircraft and ensure that these systems meet Transport Canada and company standards of performance and safety
- Inspect work of aircraft mechanics performing maintenance, repair and overhaul, or modification of aircraft and aircraft mechanical systems to ensure adherence to standards and procedures
- Maintain detailed repair, inspection and certification records and reports.
Outlook & Prospects for Aircraft Mechanics and Aircraft Inspectors in Southeast Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
- Date Modified: