Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Broadcast technicians install, set up, test, operate and repair electronic equipment used to record and transmit live and taped radio and television programs and to produce audio and video streaming broadcasts for the Internet. They are employed by radio and television broadcasting networks and stations, by broadcast equipment companies and by Internet-based communication providers.
broadcast engineer, broadcast technician, broadcast transmitter operator, broadcasting switcher, master control room (MCR) equipment operator – broadcasting, master control room (MCR) technician – broadcasting, mobile broadcasting equipment operator, regional transmitter technician, short-wave receiving station technician, video transmission operator.
- Monitor broadcast quality of live and taped radio and television programs
- Operate and monitor radio and television broadcasting systems to broadcast, receive signals and to regulate clarity and range of sounds and colours of recordings or broadcasts
- Operate broadcast equipment to produce audio and video streaming broadcasts for the Internet
- Make emergency repairs to equipment and substitute programs in case of signal failure
- Maintain, install and troubleshoot a wide variety of broadcast hardware and software
- Set up and operate consoles to pick up and select feed sources from different locations and to air radio or television programs and commercials
- May supervise other broadcast technicians.
Outlook & Prospects for Broadcast Technicians in Southeast Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Local Labour Market News
Week of Mar 11 – Mar 15, 2013
- Tantalum Mining Corporation will be laying off 35 workers on March 28 at its Tanco mine near Lac du Bonnet
Week of Feb 04 – Feb 08, 2013
- On February 23, 2013 Extra Foods in Steinbach will close its doors permanently and 35 people will be laid off
- On January 25, 2013 a new Walmart Supercentre opened in Steinbach with 176 employees
Week of Nov 19 – Nov 23, 2012
Week of Oct 01 – Oct 05, 2012
- Phoenix Modular Housing is building a new modular housing plant in Alexander, which will create 45 new jobs by next summer. The company was newly created with a goal to improve the quality of First Nations housing.
- Date Modified: