Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Film and video camera operators operate motion picture and video cameras and related equipment to record news, live events, films, videos and television broadcasts. They are employed by television networks and stations, motion picture and video production companies and in-house communications facilities of large corporations.
assistant camera operator, camera operator, electronic news gathering (ENG) camera operator, film camera operator, motion picture camera operator, studio camera operator, television camera operator, video camera operator.
- Meet with director and senior members of camera crew to discuss assignment and determine filming sequences, camera movements and picture composition
- Select and set up camera equipment to be used, and attach lens, filters and film magazine to camera
- Adjust focus, exposure, lighting and other camera settings
- Operate film or video camera to record news, live events, films, videos and television broadcasts
- Label and record contents of exposed film, and complete report sheets
- Test, maintain and store equipment.
Outlook & Prospects for Film and Video Camera Operators in Southeast Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Local Labour Market News
Week of Mar 11 – Mar 15, 2013
- Tantalum Mining Corporation will be laying off 35 workers on March 28 at its Tanco mine near Lac du Bonnet
Week of Feb 04 – Feb 08, 2013
- On February 23, 2013 Extra Foods in Steinbach will close its doors permanently and 35 people will be laid off
- On January 25, 2013 a new Walmart Supercentre opened in Steinbach with 176 employees
Week of Nov 19 – Nov 23, 2012
Week of Oct 01 – Oct 05, 2012
- Phoenix Modular Housing is building a new modular housing plant in Alexander, which will create 45 new jobs by next summer. The company was newly created with a goal to improve the quality of First Nations housing.
- Date Modified: