Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Plumbers install, repair and maintain pipes, fixtures and other plumbing equipment used for water distribution and waste water disposal in residential, commercial and industrial buildings. They are employed in maintenance departments of factories, plants and similar establishments, by plumbing contractors, or they may be self-employed.
- Read blueprints, drawings and specifications to determine layout of plumbing system, water supply network and waste and drainage systems
- Install, repair and maintain domestic, commercial or industrial plumbing fixtures and systems
- Locate and mark positions for pipe connections, passage holes and fixtures in walls and floors
- Cut opening in walls and floors to accommodate pipe and pipe fittings
- Measure, cut, bend and thread pipes using hand and power tools or machines
- Join pipes using couplings, clamps, screws, bolts, cement or soldering, brazing and welding equipment
- Test pipes for leaks using air and water pressure gauges
- May prepare cost estimates.
Outlook & Prospects for Plumbers in Northern Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
- Date Modified: