Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Occupational therapists develop individual and group programs with people affected by illness, injury, developmental disorders, emotional or psychological problems and ageing to maintain, restore or increase their ability to care for themselves and to engage in work, school or leisure. They also develop and implement health promotion programs with individuals, community groups and employers. They are employed in health care facilities, in schools, and by private and social services agencies, or they may be self-employed.
clinical occupational therapist, community occupational therapist, occupational therapist (OT), occupational therapist rehabilitation consultant, occupational therapist, case manager, occupational therapist, research and development.
- Analyse clients' capabilities and expectations related to life activities through observation, interviews and formal assessments
- Develop intervention programs to address clients' needs related to self-care, work and leisure activities
- Maintain clients' records
- Establish personalized care plans working as a member of an interdisciplinary team
- Consult and advise on health promotion programs to prevent disabilities and to maximize independent function in all activities of life
- May supervise support personnel and students and provide training.
Occupational therapists may specialize in working with specific populations such as children or adults, or persons with distinct problems such as dementia, traumatic brain injury and chronic pain, or provide special interventions such as return-to-work programs.
Outlook & Prospects for Occupational Therapists in Northern Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Local Labour Market News
Week of Apr 29 – May 03, 2013
Week of Mar 11 – Mar 15, 2013
- Cameco Corp. and the China National Nuclear Co. signed a new export agreement for the sale of 23 million pounds of uranium that will be shipped to China, worth about $1B, by 2020
Week of Feb 04 – Feb 08, 2013
Week of Nov 19 – Nov 23, 2012
- Twin Motors has recently renovated its dealership showroom in Flin Flon and added three new vehicle bays and the only drive-up oil change station in northern Manitoba. Although exact construction job numbers are unavailable, the $1M expansion was completed by local contractors. The company will also hire approximately 10 people to staff for the expansion, in both full- and part-time positions.
- Date Modified: