Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Senior managers in this unit group plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate, through middle managers, membership and other organizations or institutions that deliver health, education, social or community services. They formulate policies which establish the direction to be taken by these organizations, either alone or in conjunction with a board of directors.
chairperson, arts and culture association, chairperson, scientific association, chief financial officer (CFO), educational institution, corporate controller, social services institution, executive director, health services institution, executive director, professional association, executive director, voluntary organization, general manager, membership organization, president, business association, president, labour organization, president, music guild.
- Establish objectives for the organization or institution and formulate or approve policies and programs
- Authorize and organize the establishment of major departments and associated senior staff positions
- Allocate material, human and financial resources to implement organizational policies and programs; establish financial and administrative controls; formulate and approve promotional campaigns; and approve overall personnel planning
- Select middle managers, directors or other executive staff
- Co-ordinate the work of regions, divisions or departments
- Represent the organization or institution or delegate representatives to act on behalf of the organization in negotiations or other official functions.
Senior managers in this unit group may specialize in areas such as finance, marketing, human resources or in a particular service area.
Outlook & Prospects for Senior Managers – Health, Education, Social and Community Services and Membership Organizations in Northern Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Local Labour Market News
Week of Apr 29 – May 03, 2013
Week of Mar 11 – Mar 15, 2013
- Cameco Corp. and the China National Nuclear Co. signed a new export agreement for the sale of 23 million pounds of uranium that will be shipped to China, worth about $1B, by 2020
Week of Feb 04 – Feb 08, 2013
Week of Nov 19 – Nov 23, 2012
- Twin Motors has recently renovated its dealership showroom in Flin Flon and added three new vehicle bays and the only drive-up oil change station in northern Manitoba. Although exact construction job numbers are unavailable, the $1M expansion was completed by local contractors. The company will also hire approximately 10 people to staff for the expansion, in both full- and part-time positions.
- Date Modified: