Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Production clerks co-ordinate and expedite the flow of work and materials within an establishment, prepare work and production schedules and monitor the progress of production and construction projects. Production clerks are employed by manufacturing and construction companies, printing and publishing companies and other industrial establishments.
expediter, material estimator, production clerk, production co-ordinator, production scheduler, scheduling clerk, traffic control clerk.
- Compile detailed worksheets and specifications from customer's order
- Estimate type and quantity of materials and labour required for production, construction and other projects
- Consult with production supervisor to schedule production runs in a cost and time-efficient manner
- Meet regularly with other production clerks, warehouse, production and construction supervisors and purchasing and inventory clerks to co-ordinate activities between warehouses and production floors or construction sites
- Co-ordinate and monitor the movement of parts, supplies and materials within an establishment and ensure that supplies, materials and products are shipped and received on schedule
- Prepare and maintain various reports on the progress of work, materials used, rates of production and other production information, using manual or computerized systems.
Outlook & Prospects for Production Clerks in Prince Albert Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Prince Albert Region||N/A||N/A|
Local Labour Market News
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
- Cenovus Energy plans to start construction in June on a new 66 km pipeline from Boundary Dam Power Station to the Weyburn Unit
- Increased funding will create additional level-four electrician apprenticeship training opportunities at SIAST Woodland campus in Prince Albert
Week of Apr 01 – Apr 05, 2013
- The Prince Albert and District Community Service Centre is receiving support from the Government of Canada to assist youth with job finding skills
- Season’s Edge in Nipawin has come under new ownership and is expanding its service department
- Lyinisiw Engineering is searching for 25 tradespersons for the Paper Excellence mill in Prince Albert
- Ritchie Construction to build $3.5M sewage lift station in Meadow Lake starting May 15, 2013
- The First Nations Power Authority, in partnership with SaskPower, is planning to begin construction during the summer of 2013 on the $150M Meadow Lake Bioenergy Centre
Week of Mar 11 – Mar 15, 2013
- North West Regional College held a career expo at the new CUPlex field house in North Battleford to highlight the trades as potential career options for young people
- The First Nations Power Authority hopes to start construction of the $150M Meadow Lake Bioenergy Centre this summer
- Recently, between 450 and 500 Grade 11 students from the North East School Division attended a career fair at the Kerry Vickar Centre in Melfort, where they learned about various careers and post-secondary opportunities
Week of Mar 04 – Mar 08, 2013
- The Kelsey Trail Health Region continues its efforts to recruit physicians in Melfort and other communities in the health region
- Date Modified: